Hispano Suiza

Hispano Suiza Logo
HispanoSuiza was a Spanish automotive and engineering business, best-known for its luxurious vehicles and aviation engines within the preWorld War II length of the 20th century. In 1968, the arm was absorbed from the aerospace business Snecma, now part of the French SAFRAN Group. 
 
In 1898 electric automobile production was started by a Spanish artillery captain, Emilio de la Cuadra, in Barcelona under the title of La Cuadra. In Paris, De la Cuadra employed him to benefit your business in Spain) and met the Swiss engineer Marc Birkigt (1878 1953. La Cuadra assembled their very first petrol-powered engines from the Birkigt layout. 
 
Another restructuring happened in 1904, creating La HispanoSuiza Fabrica de Automoviles, under Castro's path, also located in Barcelona. Four new engines were launched within the following year 5. 3.8litre and 7.4litre fourcylinder along with a set of large sixcylinder engines were created. This company was able to prevent bankruptcy and where aero-engines, trucks, buses, automobiles and weapons were created, its biggest businesses remained in Barcelona until 1946.
 
France was shortly proving to be a far bigger marketplace for their luxurious cars than Spain. In 1914, creation was moved to larger factories at BoisColombes, under the title HispanoSuiza.
Read More ▼
Search for:

share on printerest contact us
New Photo Galleries
LATEST NEWS
more news
LATEST CAR REVIEWS
more automotive reviews